Every 20 minutes someone comes to Anglicare looking for immediate food and financial assistance. One in every three of these people will have children under that age of 16.Register
Support the work of Anglicare’s Food and Financial Assistance programs and Anglicare Shops by running the Take Love Collection in your school or youth group.
1. Organise your collection of food or good quality used clothes
2. We pick up what you’ve gathered
3. Our programs distribute to people in need
The following resources will be emailed to you after registration.
- Mini Sermon video by Jimmy Shepherd
- Bible Study written by Jimmy Shepherd
- Promo video
- Social media images
- Fact sheets
- PowerPoint slides
Frequently asked questions
- How far will Anglicare travel to pick up donations?
- Anglicare welcomes donations from schools and churches throughout the diocese of Sydney. We’ll work with you to ensure your donations are collected and distributed to those in need.
- When will Anglicare pick up my donations?
- On your online registration form you will be required to nominate at least two pick up dates. Anglicare’s Warehouse will be in touch within five business days to confirm which date your donations will be collected.
- Can I run a clothing collection and a food collection at the same time?
- Clothing and food donations are picked up by different locations and are delivered to different parts of the warehouse. For this reason we ask that groups choose to do a collection of either food or clothing, not both at the same time.
- How will I receive my free resources?
- A link to all of the digital resources will be sent to you once you complete your online registration form. Printed posters and postcards will be sent to you in the post.
- How should I prepare my donations for pick up?
- The best way to prepare your food donations for pick up is to pack them into boxes. Anglicare’s Warehouse will happily send you packing boxes so that your donations will stack nicely at your site and in the van. Clothing donations are best packed into bags.
- Can individuals participate in the Take Love Collection?
- At this point the Take Love Collection is a program run for groups because we do not have the capacity to do a large number of small, individual pick-ups.
- Where will my donations go?
- Your donations will first be taken to our Anglicare Warehouse in Villawood where they will be sorted. Food donations will then be shipped out to Anglicare’s Food and Financial Assistance programs, including the Mobile Community Pantry. Clothing donations will be distributed through our Anglicare Shops.
- Can an Anglicare representative come and share about the Take Love Collection with my group?
- Certainly! We would love to send out an Anglicare speaker to your group. Please indicate this on your registration form and we’ll let you know if we have someone available.
- Is there are a way that my group can get more involved?
- A great way to take your participation to the next level is to form a Take Love Team and take your group to the Warehouse to help sort their donations. Group numbers are limited contact Anglicare for more information.
While we were out with our leader for streets team, we came across a house that belonged to a lovely woman who invited us into her home to collect clothes. Her husband passed away in May, and she had been planning on donating his clothes to Anglicare for a while but was finding it very hard to do so. She basically gave us his whole wardrobe and we filled 7 large bags of clothes from her. She also goes to a church so we asked if we could pray for her and the clothes, and after we did, she prayed for us as well. It was an awesome experience for us as we were able to show God’s love.